At Complete Store Maintenance we see our role as not just that of a service provider and believe we support our clients in managing their trolley assets, from acquisition to retirement, through the provision of a range of competitively priced services, including:
Expert advice on the durability of your trolley assets – pre and post acquisition;
- Written assessments from qualified personnel
Periodic reports on trolley particulars at specific sites;
- Qty, make, model, accessories fitted, condition
A fixed price trolley service which includes the following;
- Inspect the trolley and in-store equipment for physical damage;
- Inspect handles for discolouration or defects;
- Inspect each wheel, check for ease of operation, remove any foreign matter and lubricate in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification, report for repair any major defects;
- Inspect trolley and in-store equipment for sharp protrusions and defective welded joints and report for repair;
- Check for loose bolts, screws and axles – tighten as necessary;
- Inspect each child restraint for damage or wear; inspect the child proof-locking device for operation and ensure that the seat is in a safe working condition and the safety warnings are legible;
- Tighten tailgate hooks as necessary to prevent tailgates from lifting and becoming free;
- Straighten back-flap U-frames if bent forward;
- All trolleys fitted with a baby capsules are inspected to ensure the capsules are in good working order and safe for customer use. All components are inspected i.e. baby harness’s, support bars, fixings etc.
- Ensure wheels rotate freely;
- Ensure that wheels swivel freely;
- Ensure wheels do not wobble when in motion;
- Ensure all four wheels contact the ground during operation;
- Ensure the correct functioning of coin locks or other trolley containment devices where fitted.
- Ensure trolley and in-store equipment moves easily in the direction being pushed;
- Ensure trolley and in-store equipment do not have any abrasions, extrusions or other defects that may expose the general public or our customers’ employees to potential injury or property damage.
- Inspect and test the operation of brake blocks or drop down disks and report for repair.
- Inspect each wheel for wear, which may prevent correct engagement with travelator braking slots or correct engagements of drop down disk depending on type of wheel used. De-burr as required to achieve correct operation.
All trolleys inspected and/or repaired during the visit are tagged with a service label which clearly shows the month and year of service.
A fix-on-fail or preventative maintenance service for all wheeled equipment;
- All replacement parts used are new and comply with relevant Australian standards.
- Parts and labour prices are agreed and adhered to.
- Response times for metropolitan sites are 24 to 48 hrs.
- A regular scheduled service taking in regional and remote locations.
A fixed price trolley storage and distribution service;
- Competitive pricing.
- Secure facilities.
- All trolleys are serviced and cleaned prior to distribution.
Disposal of surplus equipment.